UPDATE: December 5th, 2020
We are very excited to announce that, as per the notice given by Provincial Health Services Authority',
we are permitted once again to welcome you to in-person instruction!
We have updated our safety protocols and have them posted at the studio and Meaden Hall.
They are as follows:
SANITIZE YOUR HANDS WITH THE PROVIDED SANITIZER WHEN YOU ENTER AND LEAVE YOUR CLASS
WHEN YOU ENTER, CHOOSE A CHAIR FOR YOUR BELONGINGS AND A SQUARE TO DANCE IN.
STAY 2M APART
WEAR A MASK WHEN YOU LEAVE THE DANCE FLOOR
WALK AROUND THE OUTER BORDER OF THE DANCE FLOOR TO USE THE WASHROOM OR TO LEAVE YOUR CLASS
DO NOT CROWD AROUND THE ENTRANCE OR BATHROOM
ENJOY YOUR CLASS ! IT’S YOUR MOVE !
The main new point is that masks need to be worn upon entering, exiting and using the bathrooms, where distancing is not possible. We will need to adhere to these new guidelines in order to remain open and dance safely.
Thank you for helping us make that happen!
UPDATE: NOVEMBER 24th, 2020
Announced today that all dance classes must be temporarily suspended until new guidance is to be announced. We do not know when that will be however we will still offer zoom classes for the balance of Term 1 and ask that you do not attend your Term 1 classes in person.
Term 2 registrations are still in effect and we will offer Zoom classes only until we receive new guidelines.
UPDATE: NOVEMBER 20th, 2020
After the November 19th announcements, Dance Studios are still allowed to continue. Masks MUST be worn when going into smaller common areas where you cannot maintain a 2m distance. This would include the entrance area and washrooms with more than 1 person in them at Meaden Hall and the entrance and hall of the studio on Upper Ganges. However, masks are not mandatory during class in the space designated for dance, as long as 2m distance is maintained.
- All Classes will be Hybrid: Via Zoom and In-Person while permitted by public health authority
If in-person classes are not possible due to restrictions, classes will continue Via Zoom
(We have upgraded our tech and teaching strategies for best delivery!)
– Reduced studio capacity to increase space between dancers and adhere to 2 metre distancing
- Larger classes will be at Meaden Hall
– Sanitising of surfaces in entrance, studio space and bathroom areas between classes
– Hand sanitizer for dancers before and after use of studio
- Masks are not mandatory but welcomed
- Students are asked to stay home if they present any COVID, cold or flu like symptoms
- Please have your student arrive dressed for dance
- Quick, timely drop off and pick of students avoids congestion
- Dancers should bring their water bottle for personal use
- If you have recently travelled please self isolate for 14 days before attending classes
- If you develop symptoms, please let us know
We are passionate about dance, we care about health and we are a community. We believe dance is important and we believe that working together, we can create a safe environment for our dancers to thrive.
For any questions or concerns please email or call 250-538-2367.